Sunday, April 12, 2009

Angsana blooming in Penang... & a death of a family member

Had to rush back to Penang Saturday morning, my wife's aunt passed away. Innalillah.... The late Hjh Jawahir Hj Abdullah Rawa, popularly known as Mami Jawahir or Mak Cik Wa, was the younger sister to my late father in law, Hj Yusof Rawa. Her husband the late Hj Jaafar, died 4 months ago. My condolonces to their family...These are prominent Rawa clan members of the Acheen Street mosque community and the Kg Rawa neighbourhood.






It was a weekend of sorts, I would say, was supposed to attend my boss's housewarming do at Bandar Tun Hussein Onn in Cheras...sorry boss, will drop by your place for the left over of the nasi dagang that i missed...But the trip that weekend also allowed me to visit my bedridden uncle Hasan Hj Ali in Kulim, who is suffering from diabetes. On the way back from Penang, dropped by to visit my cousin in Ipoh, who went through a surgery to remove a blod clot in his brain...btw he is he same cousin who i wrote about in my last posting who invited me to his daughter's wedding in our kampong in Gopeng. He suffered a stroke two days after the wedding..

Enough sad stories, while in Penang, I managed to squeeze through a visit to my favourite Nasik Kandaq @ Kg Melayu Air Itam..yummy.
Penang is experiencing the Angsana blooming period now..the beautiful golden yellow flowers have brighten up the roads in Penang.I suppose, only in Penang are the angsana trees very conspicous, ever since I was young, I would be amazed at how the flowers just covered the roads with gold. I would like to congratulate the Majlis Perbandaran P.Pinang (city council?) for being able to retain the trees (and plant more trees) amidst the rapid developement that is drastically changing the skyline...

1 comment:

  1. urang awak kilen...kah..kah.. bersadaro kito...indo kilen nak masuk JARO? (Persatuan Jalinan Rao Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete